Thursday 18 December 2008

Swap the Swap


Lots of bookings coming in for Polymer Play Days, it looks like we will be another very international gathering.
I have organised classes in all kinds of crafts for about ten years now, and at Carnival in August 2008 I was thrilled to welcome for the first time people from Slovenia, The Czech Republic and The Isle of Man. This time they will be coming back but the new place so far is Norway, I have never welcomed a student from Norway before so I was really excited to get that booking. It is wonderful to meet people from all over the world and fortunately for me, they all speak English!


Now about the "Swap" at Carnival, we swapped Poker Chips (see above) but this is Polymer Play Days and I wanted something different. Originally I thought that we would swap buttons, but Pamela from Italy suggested that we swap beads since she rightly says she loves to look at her poker chips from Carnival but if she had beads, she could wear them! So, I have taken her suggestion and we are going to swap beads. If you want to make round flat beads that's fine - just thinking of those of you who like to make canes! Again, don't stress, this is just for fun, we nearly had a few heart attacks over the poker chips last August with everyone stressing, so remember, THIS IS JUST A BIT OF FUN.


I am so thrilled that so many friends will be returning in May which will be here before we know it.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beads is a great idea! Think of the necklaces you could create!

Maja said...

Poker chips from last year are some of mine most cherish treasures!! I like to "show off" with them in front of my friends. I smile every time when I think of what fun we had exchanging them!! And now beads: great idea! time to start thinging... I can't wait to come back again!